- Write a letter to one of your friends about your future. Are you worried about your future? or What are you worried about? What do you want to be? And so on.
Hello Ellen !
I wanted to tell you a bout my future. I am so worried abut it . I cant decide what am I going to be in future .At first I wanted to be a doctor , but I thought , that I cant be a doctor because I am afraid of blood . After I decided to become a dnetist . It is a good job . I know that children will hate me , and I decided , that I must be a dentist and do everything to make children’s teeth life easy .So this was all abut my future .
2. Watch the video again at home and do exercise 4 (What’s in your cupboard? What’s in your fridge?)
In my fridge there are a lot of foods . I also eat from my fridge fruits and vegetables . My mother always cooks so tasty . WHen I was small , i was thinking , that we have a magical fridge . I thought that if I will go to fridge and say for example cake it will open the door and give me cake .
Tell us about your fave (favourite) foods.
My favorite food is sausage . I like it because , I always go to school early and to make sausages is the fastest way . I also like eggs . They are very tasty . I also like potatoes . When my grandfather brings potatoes from our village I understand , that my breakfast will be the tastiest.
Do you like fast food? How often do you eat fast food? What’s your favourite type of fast food?
I like fast food . I eat it once a month , because its full of bad things .Also I wiil get fat .
3. Imagine you are in a restaurant ordering food and drinks. One of you is the waiter. act out a dialogue.
Waiter: – What would you like
Bob: – Oh I don’t know , please bring the menu .
Waiter: – Here it is .
Bob: – Thank you . I want a salad and pineapple juice.
Bob: – Yes .
Waiter : We also have very delicious deserts and cakes .
Bob: Ok , brink me a chocolate ice-cream and anything else .
Waiter: Here it is Mr .
Bob : – thank you , how much i must pay
Waiter : – 15 dollars Mr
Bob : Take this and bye .
- Read the text messages on page 8. Work in groups of two or three and create your own messages. (October 2)
- Do exercises 2 and 3 on page 8. (October 2
- 3) 1)Let’s ask Matt- maybe he know the answer.
2)My friends and I are going to play tabble tennis tonight , I haven’t practised , so I probably will not win .
3)Sorry , I can’t talk to you now . I I will send you an email tomorrow, Ok?
4)Why don’t you talk to her ?I’m sure she will not be anngry with you .
5)It’s really late ,so I thinkk I will go home .
- 1)This one’s are too big .
2)Let’s stay here and sit by the fire . It’s too cold to go outside .
3)You are walking too fast .
4)That’s too expensive.
5) I missed the train . I got to the stantion too late
3. Work in groups of three or four. In your group decide what you think is the best and most useful invention in technology.
I think the best invention is telephone . Its very esay to use . You can everythin with it .You dont need to cary withyou a camera books , radio and etc ,. Everythin that you used is in telephone now. You can listen a lot of songs , read books and etc .
- Read Olivia’s story (page 14) again and write the end of about 120 – 150 words on the following topic:
I would like to call my planet N- planet . There would never be wars and poor people . It would be the planet of kindness . I would like to make a comfortable places t live . There would be a lot of seas and oceans. I wouldn’t let someone to play with phone or computer , because life is more interesting than that telephone .
In my planet there would-be rain from diamonds and candies . There would never be so cold . I would also like to make winter warm but with snow so imagine . You are walking and it is snow around you , but it isn’t . So this was about my planet .
- Read the text “Be an inventor!” again at home.
- What the invention is.
- Invention is creating something useful and new for society .
- Make a list of reasons why you think the invention is so important.
- 1) Inventions make our life easier .
- 2) They make our life more interesting .
- 3) It becomes a reason to create .
- 4) You will not waste your time on you phone and will invent .
- 5) Inventions are alwsy good .
- Think of a useful invention and write about it.
- I would like to make a clever robot . He would do my homework and clean our house . It would be the greatest invention for kids . They would have time to play wiith their friends .
2. scary night
Read the story at home again and do slides 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17.
- What did the author see at the window?
- Why wasn’t there any reply when the author shouted for his parents?
they were fast asleep
they didn’t pay any attention to the shouting
they were at a fancy dress party
- The author decided to
escape from the house
to take the photo of the alien
to call the police
- The author could sleep.
after 4 o’clock
at 2 o’clock
- What did the author discover in the morning?
the alien was still in the yard
there were different footprints
the footprints were the same size as his father’s shoes
- Why did the author’s father start to laugh after knowing about the incident?
He himself was the alien
He thought she had seen a dream
He thought that it had been an animal
- It was a dark and stormy night. I was about to go to bed when I heard a tapping sound on my window. “Who’s there?” I shouted. ______________ I saw a face at the window. It looked like an alien … an alien that I had seen on the television show, “the X files”.
a. Suddenly there was a flash of lightning.
b. Suddenly the window broke.
c. I heard a strange voice.
- ___________________I ran to my bed and pulled my blanket over my head. I started to shout for my parents but there was no reply. Then I remembered that they were at a fancy dress party.
I was very happy.
I felt confused.
I felt very scared.
- I peeped out of my blanket but it was too dark to see anything. Then I heard footsteps. They were getting louder and louder. _____________________
I ran there and took out my camera and started to take pictures in the direction of the window. Soon the footsteps died off.
I began to tremble
Suddenly I felt something. touch my shoulder.
It was dark but I knew the way to my drawer where I kept my camera.
- The grandfather clock struck. … It was 12 midnight. I went back to my bed and tried to sleep. But I could not sleep. I felt too frightened. I sat up, my mind was full of thoughts. Time passed … one o’clock, two o’clock, three o’clock, four o’clock.
Finally, I fell asleep.
I went outside for a walk.I didn’t sleep all night
- I woke up only after eight and decided to investigate. I found some footprints outside my bedroom window. I measured them with a tape and found them to be exactly the same size as my father’s shoes. The footprints ended at the door of my house. I then went to town to get the film developed. But when I saw the photos I was shocked. __________________________ Then I remembered that I did not use the flash.
The alien in the photos was red.
There was a girl in the photos.
They were black and I could hardly see anything.
- When I reached home I told my father the whole incident and he started to laugh. I started laughing too when he told me that he had dressed up as an alien for the party. ________________________________
Today I still feel scared.
Today, I am still amused to think I was so afraid of my own father.
I feel very stupid remembering that day.
- was, night, dark, It, a, and, stormy. – It was a dark and stormy night.
- an, looked, alien, It, like. – It looked like an alien.
- to sleep, back, I, and, my, tried, bed, went, to. – I went to bed and tried to sleep
- bedroom, some, I, my, outside, found, footprints, window. – Outside my bedroom I found some footprints.
- the, saw, was, But, I, photos, shocked, when I. – When I saw the photos, I was shocked.
- How do we call the act of one that taps or walks?
- What is the synonym of foreigner?
- What is the synonym of afraid?
- What is the synonym of to examine?
- How can we say in one word a sudden display of light?
- What is the synonym of event?
- to look quickly is to peep.
- To decide the size is to measure.
- To be going to do something. or about to do something